Get back to life
Sometimes life as you know it suddenly comes to a screeching halt. Whether it’s injury, illness or surgery that sidelines you, Cornerstone Rehab can get you back in the groove. Our highly trained team develops a customized plan to treat you physically, spiritually, emotionally and socially. The short-term Skilled Nursing and senior Rehabilitation services at Cornerstone will help you return home, whether “home” is your Independent Living residence, your house in town, or elsewhere in Bowie County or beyond.
What to expect
Full-time personalized rehab is provided at Cornerstone’s licensed 24-hour, private-pay Clara Mae & Bob Cheatham Health Care Center. Residents enjoy private and semiprivate suites overlooking the landscaped courtyards and garden areas. Our permanent team of experienced professionals includes licensed Skilled Nursing staff, a full-time Life Enrichment coordinator and a consultant dietitian. We also have a comprehensive rehabilitation team that includes physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists. This team will work closely with you to develop goals and establish a timeline and treatment plan to get you there. Come prepared to work hard as this team is known to inspire and push you to fulfill your full potential. When your balance, confidence and energy is restored, you’ll be left saying, “The hard work was all worth it!”
What can Rehab do?
It’s one of the best ways to restore health and stay healthy. Rehab includes PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy). But you may not know these and other forms of Rehab can:
- Improve balance
- Increase levels of safety
- Reduce pain in targeted areas
- Increase levels of activity and participation
- Significantly reduce risks of falls and injuries
- Provide residents with self-management skills and education
- Significantly increase range of motion in targeted areas
- Improve residents’ perceptions of their quality of life (their outlook)
- Improve functional endurance for performing ADLs (activities of daily living)
Cornerstone Rehab provides expertise in rehab and responsive care, assessment and symptom management including:
- Physical therapy, to help you regain strength, mobility and balance
- Occupational therapy, to improve the performance of everyday tasks
- Speech therapy, to enhance communication and eating or swallowing
- Certified IV antibiotic therapy
- Whole-person wellness
- Wound care
Find out more.
Do you anticipate a need for inpatient or outpatient therapy in the future? Whether you’re a Cornerstone resident or you live in Texarkana, TX, or the Greater Bowie County area, talk to your doctor now about Cornerstone Rehabilitation. And then contact us to start a conversation. We’re eager to help you help your body get back to its best.