ACTIVE AND OUTGOING, LAID BACK AND LOVELY.
We like each other’s company, and we know how to relax and have fun. On the other hand, if you have plans for exceptionally active retirement living — say, a third career, world travel (a “lock ’n’ leave” lifestyle) or a charitable crusade — there’s all the more reason to come to Cornerstone. You’ll find equally successful, productive people who can help you refuel. You can break and “sharpen the saw” with fitness classes every day. And the benefits of an active senior lifestyle in a positive, supportive community of friends? Immeasurable.
A NOT-FAR-AWAY OASIS AT 4100 MOORES LANE.
At heart, the true differentiator among senior living communities is how deeply satisfied you feel with how you spend each day; that is, your retirement lifestyle. Pleasure is often a balance of 5 elements:
- Food. Pull up a week’s menu, and compare it to the following list of words. If any entrée or whole meal feels like a word on the list, check off the word. If you check 7 or more words, you definitely win: Hearty. Classic. Delightful. Yummy. Chic. Appetizing. Nostalgic. Succulent. Intriguing. Fun. Decadent. Flavorful. Savory. Divine. (Plus, nutritionally balanced, attractive and well-planned; for instance, knowing that most American hearts yearn for turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving and turkey soup after that.)
- Friends. When your activities for seniors include sports, spiritual renewal and educational opportunities, together with arts and other entertainment such as trips to Shreveport for shopping and live theater (to be fair, Texarkana’s 4 venues, including the Perot Theatre, are nothing to sneeze at).
- Wellness. When your daily wellness program opportunities are balanced, positive, inclusive, convenient and irresistible.
- Adventure. When you’re easily able to spend time daily with close friends or with nature, perhaps exploring the landscaped grounds and walkways tucked among beautiful native pines and hardwoods that comprise much of the 48 lush acres of Cornerstone.
- Home. When you find it’s always a pleasure to open the door and step into your own gracious, right-size home.
AGE LIMITS, SPONSORSHIP AND WHO’S QUALIFIED.
Our charter stipulates entry for no one younger than 55 (unless one’s spouse is older). Our parent company is MRC (Methodist Retirement Communities), which is on good terms with the United Methodist Church, although the UMC doesn’t provide us financial support. Cornerstone warmly welcomes every dear soul, regardless of color, disability, gender, nationality, race or religion.
PETS WELCOME – LIKE THE FAMILY THEY ARE.
Your small dog or cat surely qualifies as family and is absolutely welcomed at Cornerstone. Yes, studies have shown how important pets are for good health, especially as we age, but no clinical trial can ever get to the depth of feeling, the power of communication and the simple joy of companionship that pets brings to one’s retirement living. On the other hand, we get it.
ALL THE COMFORTS OF HOME. WITH AN ICE CREAM PARLOR.
We tried listing our services and amenities in order of importance, but in fact, the only thing everyone agrees on is that they’re all important. Consequently, alphabetized:
- 24/7 emergency response service
- Catering for special occasions
- Exercise, fitness and wellness programs
- Fine restaurant-style dining
- Guest accommodations
- Life-enriching activities for mind, body and soul
- Personal laundry services
- Professional business office, including notary, photocopies
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Worship services for all denominations
- Attractive professional landscaping
- Casual and formal dining venues
- Chapel for all denominations
- Community activity center
- Fitness room
- Gift shop
- Hair salon and other on-site conveniences
- Ice cream parlor
- Landscaped walks on 48 beautiful acres
- Large auditorium
- Library reading rooms
- Private dining accommodations
- Private mailbox
Depending on your choice of housing and health care needs, your services may differ slightly. Feel free to ask us for details.
HAVE WE SET THE BAR TOO HIGH?
We counseled together and determined, plain and simple, that we want to be the best senior community in greater Ark-La-Tex. Year after year. So we adopted ICARE, an acronym that stands for integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. And the way we’re building it into this community is that every single person on our staff is committed to demonstrating a principle of ICARE every single day — which means we’re all on the lookout for ways to serve, all the time. This helps each of us — all the time — bring our best self to Cornerstone and provide sterling service.
COME FOR A TOUR; STAY FOR DINNER. OVERNIGHT. OR LONGER.
You might feel it right away, or notice it suddenly a few hours later. Cornerstone seems to move to a different beat; elegant and a little sassy, with a good sense of humor. Need something? You seldom have to wait. This is wholly different from nursing homes you may have met in days gone by. Of course, if you need skilled nursing, we’ll provide unsurpassed professional health care. Take a tour, and stay for lunch. Or dinner. Or both. Or overnight. Definitely give yourself time to talk to folks. Strike up some conversations with people who look interesting, and ask about our wellness program or activities for seniors or anything you like. Please let us know when you’re coming, and we’ll put the kettle on.