Best Rehab in Texarkana?
Cornerstone Rehab can reshape lives and restore lost abilities after an injury, illness or surgery. We treat you physically, spiritually, emotionally and socially as we provide the short-term Skilled Nursing and senior Rehabilitation services in Texarkana, TX, that will help you return home, whether “home” is your Independent Living residence, your house in town, or elsewhere in Bowie County or beyond.
Where does Cornerstone Rehab happen?
Full-time personalized rehab is provided at Cornerstone’s licensed 24-hour, private-pay Clara Mae & Bob Cheatham Health Care Center. Residents enjoy private and semiprivate suites overlooking the landscaped courtyards and garden areas. Our permanent team of experienced professionals includes licensed Skilled Nursing staff, a full-time Life Enrichment coordinator and a consultant dietitian. We also have a comprehensive rehabilitation team that includes physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists.
What can Rehab do?
It’s one of the best ways to restore health and stay healthy. Rehab includes PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy). But you may not know these and other forms of Rehab can:
- Improve balance
- Increase levels of safety
- Reduce pain in targeted areas
- Increase levels of activity and participation
- Significantly reduce risks of falls and injuries
- Provide residents with self-management skills and education
- Significantly increase range of motion in targeted areas
- Improve residents’ perceptions of their quality of life (their outlook)
- Improve functional endurance for performing ADLs (activities of daily living)
Who’s on my team?
Your team coordinates physical, occupational and speech therapies, ensuring your recovery is integrated and moving at the right speed to keep you properly challenged on all fronts. Your team includes your diagnosing physician, nurse, social worker, dietitian (inpatient only), all your therapists and — as much as they want to be involved and can be helpful — select family members. Our resident-to-staff ratio is one of the best in the area. Once you’re working hard and making progress, the role of each team member in your progress — and your success — will become clear.
PT, OT, ST – and more T.
Cornerstone Rehab provides rehab and responsive care, assessment and symptom management, including:
- Physical therapy, to help you regain strength, mobility and balance
- Occupational therapy, to improve the performance of everyday tasks
- Speech therapy, to enhance communication and eating or swallowing
- Certified IV antibiotic therapy
- Whole-person wellness
- Wound care
Find out more.
Do you anticipate a need for inpatient or outpatient therapy in the future? Whether you’re a Cornerstone resident or you live in Texarkana, TX, or the Greater Bowie County area, talk to your doctor now about Cornerstone Rehabilitation. And then contact us to start a conversation. We’re eager to help you help your body get back to its best.