How to prepare for a visit to MRC Cornerstone
Visiting Independent Living:
· Where to enter: Main Entrance
· Visitation in IL does not need to be scheduled
· Visitation Limits based on Risk Level
o Green: No Visitation Limits
o Yellow: Guests to wear masks and be screened upon entry
o Red: Limit to 2 visitors each day. Guests must wear masks and be screened upon entry
Call 903-7832-5515 to inquire about current week’s risk level for visitation guidance.
Visiting Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing:
Beginning Monday, 04/05/2021 Cornerstone will now offer these types of visits:
· Essential Visits
· Personal Visits
· End of Life Visits- Contact our team directly to learn more about the protocol
Ø All guests must inform Cornerstone of the type of visit requested in the initial scheduling call. All visits must be scheduled through email at CornerstoneVisit@mrcaff.org. Please only send one email so that we can keep up with these requests without confusion due to the amount of incoming requests. Please schedule by 3pm the day before your visit or by 3pm on Friday for visits Saturday-Monday.
Ø You are able to schedule a regular visitation day (example, you want to visit every Friday/Saturday). Visitation hours have been expanded from 8:30am-11:30am or1:30pm-4:30pm. Other times are available upon request.
Ø All guests must pass the screening and temperature check at the screening station, and wear a medical grade mask (surgical or N95) for the ENTIRE VISIT. If you do not comply, you may be asked to leave.
Ø There is no longer a requirement for visitors to be Covid-19 tested or show proof of being Covid-19 negative.
• Essential Visitors must have completed the required training and Essential Visitor contract PRIOR to the first visit.
• Essential Visitors must be 18years or older.
• These visits are permitted outdoors and in the elder’s room.
• Essential visitors do not have to maintain social distancing during their visit and may have close and personal contact with the elder. The essential visitor must comply with wearing the same personal protective equipment (PPE) as the staff wear.
• Personal visits are permitted with Covid-19 negative elders only.
• Personal visits are not restricted to essential caregivers.
• Personal visitors must comply with wearing a surgical face mask at all times during the visit, elders must wear a surgical face mask (if tolerated) during the visit, and social distancing must be maintained during the entire visit.
• Personal visits are restricted to 1-2 visitors at a time in elder rooms who are 18 years or older. Visits with children can be accommodated in outdoor spaces or for those who have more than 2 people in their party.
· All visitors must be able to wear a surgical mask for the whole visit and comply with social distancing. Guests bringing children must ensure they are able to comply with these requirements or you may be asked to leave.
•It is at the community’s discretion to cancel or reschedule outdoor visits due to inclement weather.
•During your visit, you will be restricted to the designated visitation area only and maintain social distancing with yourself and others.
•Wearing a mask and performing hand hygiene is required regardless of the type of visit or your vaccination status. If you refuse to wear a mask, or dispute the requirement, you will be asked to leave the community.
•Only the Administrator, Jeff Bradford, (903) 831-2963 can approve any form of visit for a special circumstance that is outside of the above parameters.
*All visitation is subject to change.
Example Request for Visits:(you may copy and paste this to your email for easy scheduling)
Type of Visit (essential, indoor, outdoor):
Name of Elder:
Name of person visiting:
Date of visit:
Time of visit:
Location of visit (include room #):
Contact phone #: